Welcome to The Museum of Contemporary Art. With two distinct venues—MOCA Grand Avenue and The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA—and Michael Heizer’s seminal artwork Double Negative (1969-70) in the Nevada desert, we engage audiences through an ambitious program of exhibitions, educational programs, and publishing.
Notice Regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
In the interest of protecting the health and wellbeing of our staff and visitors, as well as helping inhibit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we have decided to temporarily close both the MOCA Grand Avenue galleries and WAREHOUSE at The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA to the public, beginning immediately. Please also note that all public programs and events have been canceled through April 2020 at this time.
If you have any specific questions please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be well and hope to see everyone back at MOCA soon.
- Food and drinks may not be carried into the galleries or auditorium.
- Please do not touch the artwork; even a slight touch can damage the surface.
- All bags are subject to inspection.
- Personal items larger than 12x12 inches cannot be carried into the galleries. Please check these items in, free of charge, at the welcome desk.
- Backpacks cannot be worn in the galleries, please check them in at the welcome desk.
- Unless otherwise noted, photography and filming in the galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only, with the use of a personal device or camera. The use of tripods, selfie sticks, stabilizers, flash photography, and mobile phone camera accessories of any kind is prohibited.
- As a courtesy for all museumgoers, cell phone conversations should be conducted outside of the galleries.
- Service animals are welcome at MOCA. Please note that pets and emotional support animals are not permitted. Service dog fraud is a crime. California Penal Code 365.7(a). Emotional support animals are not ADA Service Animals.
- For note taking and sketching, pencils are allowed. Ink, charcoal, markers, or oils are not permitted.
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere within the building and within 20 feet of the building’s entrance.
GROUP VISITS & TOURS
Reservations are required for groups of 10 or more. To make a reservation for your group, please fill out the form below.
BOOK A GROUP RESERVATION
For school groups and guided tours, more information can be found here.
AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE
We are happy to schedule American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters for special tours, lectures, and other talk-focused public programs with two weeks' notice. Request an interpreter by emailing email@example.com.
Closed Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day.